Rehearsals for my new play True Believers are now well under way! I’m incredibly to be working with our talented and enthusiastic cast, featuring:
- Ryan Edlinger as Chad Mailer. “Comic book writer, creator of Night Shift. High aspirations; doesn’t get the attention he thinks he deserves. Seriously didn’t mean to make Wolverine gay.”
- Michael Avellar as Ted Thompson. “Comic book editor, currently at DC Comics. Worked on Night Shift with Chad. Recently divorced. She took his entire Star Wars collection in the settlement. Yes, that includes his Han Solo in Carbonite coffee table. Not that he’s bitter or anything.”
- Zach Winston as Billy Horowitz. “Amateur comic book journalist (read: video blogger) and Cyborg Rights Activist (he has a pacemaker). Avid cosplayer.”
- Jeffrey Charles Marcus as Calvin Elder. “By day, a mild mannered aspiring comic book artist. By night, he dons the mantle of…Avenger! No, not ‘The’ Avenger. Just Avenger. You haven’t heard of him? Calvin didn’t make him up. He’s an original creation.”
- James Remmes as Box. “Comic writer and professional druid magic user (or at least that’s what he says). Actually knows how to pronounce ‘Cthulhu Ftagn.’ His mom calls him Christopher.”
- Caitlyn Conley as Kt Watts. “Artist on Night Shift (as Katie Tulle). Also wrote the final issue (as Kt Watts). Recently sold the movie rights to her slice-of-life graphic novel Robots Still Love You (Until Their Batteries Die). Her roller derby name is SnatchBox 20.”
- Rachel Katharine Alexander as Chloe Long. “Small town girl from Kansas. Flying to the city for the first time in her life to finally meet her online boyfriend in person. She’s a little nervous.”
- and Anne Colpitts & Steve Marois in the ensemble.
Tickets are on sale now. The show runs July 12 – 21 at the Piano Factory Theatre in Boston’s South End. Check back soon for more updates!